Monday, April 12, 2010

The Host




Meyer, Stephenie The Host

My Review:

What to say about this book..first of all, as you can tell by my heart review, I did enjoy this book. It was an interesting read, and she found a way to end the book rather well. However, I have my drawbacks. I guess it comes down to a few things. One-the love story. Now, I know, I'm not a HUGE romance novel person...but still, this book was a bit too much. I mean, I can enjoy sappy sometimes, if it's written well. However, I think the reason it didn't work in this book was that it was just too easy. You could sit back and predict how the love story was going to play out. Some people like that, I'm just not one of them. Second-the sci-fi. I enjoy my fair share of sci-fi books, but this one was just a little too "Invasion of the body snatchers" for me. Yeah, she put her own twist on it, but the idea was pretty much the same. However, it didn't ruin the book. It's just something to be aware of when you read it.
That was pretty much it for the drawbacks. For the most part I did enjoy this book, as I said. It kept me interested all the way through and I really did approve of how she ended it. It is still quite a bit on the YA side of books, so I wouldn't really reccomend it to my mom, even though she loves Sci-fi books. However, if you liked Twilight, and havn't seen "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" or "Invasion" with Nichole Kidman, than you just may love this book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment